Investigation Update on the Serenade of the Seas
This website is archived for historical purposes and is no longer being maintained or updated.
Cruise Line: Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Cruise Ship: Serenade of the Seas
Voyage Dates: 11/18-11/25/06
Number of ill passengers out of total number of passenger: 101 of 2241 (4.51%)
Number of ill crew out of total number of crew: 3 of 848 (0.35%)
Predominant symptoms: diarrhea and vomiting
Actions: Royal Caribbean Cruise Line and the crew aboard the ship took the following actions to respond to the outbreak:
- increased cleaning and disinfection procedures,
- submitted stools specimens for analysis,
- provided daily updates about the illness to VSP until the number of ill people returned to expected levels.
- VSP staff boarded the ship to conduct a targeted environmental health assessment.
The number of ill people returned to expected levels by the voyage that ended on 12/02/06.
- Page last reviewed: July 15, 2009 (archived document)
- Content source: