Investigation Update on the Sun Princess
This website is archived for historical purposes and is no longer being maintained or updated.
Cruise Line: Princess Cruises
Cruise Ship: Sun Princess
Voyage Dates: 11/30-12/10/06
Number of ill passengers out of total number of passenger: 112 of 2013 (5.56%)
Number of ill crew out of total number of crew: 7 of 862(0.81%)
Predominant symptoms: diarrhea and vomiting
Actions: In response to the outbreak, Princess Cruises and the crew aboard the ship took the following actions:
- increased cleaning and disinfection procedures,
- notified passengers aboard the ship,
- sent out a letter to oncoming passengers,
- sent daily updates to CDC until the number of ill people returned to expected levels,
- collected stool specimens for analysis.
The number of ill people returned to expected levels for the voyage ending on 12/23/06.
- Page last reviewed: July 15, 2009 (archived document)
- Content source: