Training of Cruise Ship Supervisory Employees
Cruise ship supervisors: Learn about our training seminars on public health practices.
What type of training courses does VSP offer?
We offer a 2.5-day training course to teach cruise ship supervisors the public health practices specified in the current VSP Operations Manual. During the course, attendees can ask specific questions about our requirements and how they relate to their work.
What do cruise ship supervisors learn during the course?
Attendees will learn about public health practices specified in the current VSP Operations Manual. These practices include the following:
- Gastrointestinal illness surveillance and outbreak investigations.
- Causes and prevention of foodborne illnesses.
- Equipment and facilities for food and other areas.
- Food protection.
- Hazard analysis critical control points and how to apply them.
- General environmental health maintenance for child activity centers and ventilation systems.
- Potable water protection and handling.
- Recreational water facility maintenance.
- Integrated pest management.
- Housekeeping and infection control.
- Waterborne illnesses (both potable and recreational).
- Cross-connection controls.
Where can I find more information?
The schedule of upcoming training sessions is posted on VSP Training.