New Jersey Tracking Program
Website: http://nj.gov/health/ceohs/public-health-tracking/external icon
Subscription to Data Portal Updates: https://nj.gov/health/chs/njshad/subscribe.shtmlexternal icon
The NJ Tracking Program collaborates to enhance the state’s environmental and public health data, infrastructure, and expertise to improve the health of residents. Core goals include the following:
- Creating indicators that combine data and context for health and environmental datasets which can be used for ongoing surveillance, targeting activities, and evaluation
- Providing easy online access to user-customized datasets, charts, tables, and maps
- Conducting outreach and education to expand the use of health and environmental data at the local and county level
- NJ is the 4th smallest state by area, but the 11th most populous with nearly 9 million residents. It is the most densely populated state in the United States.
- NJ is divided into 21 counties and 565 municipalities. Unlike other states, all NJ land is part of a municipality.
- Twenty-two of NJ’s municipalities have populations over 65,000.
- About 12% of NJ residents obtain their drinking water from a private well.
In addition to the set of standard data collected and displayed by all state and local tracking programs, individual programs may host data that are important to their populations.
- NJ Private Well Testing Act Data Summary and Private Wellexternal icon
- Interactive NJ Cancer Incidence and Mortality Dataexternal icon
- Portable Generator Useexternal icon
- CO Detectorsexternal icon
- Lyme Disease Incidenceexternal icon
- Beach Closingsexternal icon
- Radon Screeningexternal icon
- Legionellosis Incidenceexternal icon
Tools & Resources:
- NJ Tracking Data Portal: NJ SHADexternal icon
- Health Indicator Reportsexternal icon
- Health Disparity Priority Areasexternal icon
- Community Dashboard and Profile Toolexternal icon
- Custom Dataset Queriesexternal icon
- What’s in My Communityexternal icon NJDEP Air Quality Permitted Facilities Mapping Application
- NJ Tracking in Action Storiesexternal icon