NEW SUBMISSION PROCESS FOR CLEH and GEH THIS YEAR
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
*Those students applying to CLEH or GEH will apply through the Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE) online.
We strongly encourage members of underrepresented populations to apply! For tips on how to write a strong application, check out our FAQs and Application Tips Page.
Please read the required application materials carefully. Applications will only be accepted electronically. If you are not able to submit your application electronically, please contact us for additional assistance.
Application Process for CLEH and GEH
- Application: Applications are now open. *new submission process
- Current resume or CV: No longer than four pages.
- Two letters of recommendation: At least one from a current faculty member.
- Essay 1: Describe your interest in environmental issues (Typed, 1000 word suggested length, attach to application – please put your name on the top and in the file name). GEH applicants should focus on the connection between the environment and human health.
- Essay 2: What makes you a strong candidate for the internship program? Please include academics, extracurricular activities, previous jobs or internships and travel experiences. If you are a non-environmental major, be sure to make the case for why your major or interests are applicable to this internship and environmental health (typed, 1000 word suggested length, attach to application – please put your name on the top and in the file name). GEH applicants should have a focus on environmental health issues and any applicable training tools or skills learned that would make them a great candidate.
Application Process for SUPEH
- Application: Applications are now open
SUPEH Application link
- Current resume or CV: No longer than four pages.
- Two letters of recommendation: At least one from a current faculty member
Recommendation Letter sample
SUPEH applications will still be submitted through the SUPEH mailbox at EHinternships@cdc.gov . IMPORTANT: Include your email address in the subject line of all application materials (including reference letters); this is your “unique identifier.” Without it, we will not be able to process your application. Specific essays for SUPEH are:
Essay 1: Describe one important environmental public health issue that interests you, and discuss how your coursework or experiences reflects this interest. (Typed; 1,000-word suggested length. Please put your name at the top and in the file name.)
Essay 2: Describe your future aspirations and career interests in the field of environmental public health. (Typed; 1,000-word suggested length. Please put your name at the top and in the file name.)
When emailing your SUPEH application materials, include ONLY your email address in the subject line (with no characters next to it other than a blank space). Instruct those writing your letters of recommendation to do the same. Without your email in the subject line, we cannot process your application.
Fill in the application form using the text boxes provided and do not save the application form in a different file format – in other words, save the application form in the Microsoft Word Document (.docx) format. If you cannot see the textboxes or are unable to save as .docx, please indicate so in your email.
Note: A recent photo copy of your transcript is acceptable for the application process. Upon acceptance into the program you must send an official transcript. Not submitting an official transcript in a timely manner will deem you ineligible and your slot will be given to another qualified candidate.
Application Submission Instructions:
- Submit the application form (containing all parts of the application) in one email to SUPEH at EHInternship@cd.cgov . Those writing your letters of recommendation can email their recommendation in separate emails, also to the above mailboxes corresponding to the program you applied to.
- GEH and CLEH applications and all supporting documents are submitted online through ORISE.
- All application materials for CLEH must be submitted no later than 11:59pm (EST) on Friday, January 27, 2017. Those applying to SUPEH or GEH must submit their application materials no later than 11:59pm (EST) on Friday, February 3, 2017.
LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.
To improve our recruitment process, please complete an optional demographic form. It is a voluntary form and will in no way affect your application. We use information from these forms to improve recruitment for our program. To fill out this optional demographic from, please download and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org *(this mailbox is not checked on a regular basis, so please do not submit anything to this mailbox other than the optional demographic form). Applications submitted to this mailbox will not be reviewed or accepted.
*[NOTE: You will only be sending the optional demographic form to email@example.com. All of your application material should be sent to SUPEH EHInternship@cdc.gov or to ORISE for CLEH and GEH, depending on the program you applied to]
- Page last reviewed: November 15, 2016
- Page last updated: November 15, 2016
- Content source: