Water-related Technical Assistance and Emergency Response
When people and communities in the U.S. and internationally are concerned about the safety of their drinking water, they contact Health Studies Branch for answers and action. HSB conducts rapid epidemiologic investigations in response to outbreaks that may be associated with exposure to water contaminated with non-infectious toxic agents. Our subject matter experts also provide technical assistance and consultation to state, local, tribal, territorial, other federal, and international public health agencies.
Examples of past technical assistance and response activities include:
- Technical Assistance in State and Local Response to Harmful Algal Blooms – 2014-2015
- Exposure to Polluted Drinking Water: The Body Burden of Environmental Contaminants in a Vulnerable Population – Addis Ababa, Ethiopia – 2011
- Systematic Water Quality Assessment in Rural West Virginia – 2010
- Evaluation of Health Communication Messages Designed to Prevent Illness and Injury after Flooding in Iowa – 2008
If you would like HSB consultation or technical assistance, please contact the Health Studies Branch (770-488-3410) or email email@example.com.
- Page last reviewed: April 1, 2016
- Page last updated: April 7, 2016
- Content source: