This page provides links to information and resources related to emergency response.
- Emergency and Terrorism Preparedness for Environmental Health Practitioners
- Health and Safety Concerns for All Disasters
- Public Health Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Public Health Emergency Response Guide for State, Local, and Tribal Public Health Directors
- Reducing the Risk of Disasters pdf icon[PDF - 1.7 MB]
- Reducing the Risk of Disasters (Spanish) pdf icon[PDF - 353 KB]
- Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH)-Related Emergencies and Outbreaks
- Chemical Agents — A-Z list of chemical agents and links to related materials.
- Emergency Room Procedures in Chemical Hazard Emergencies: A Job Aid — Information about symptoms, diagnosis and treatments for chemical exposures.
- Managing Hazardous Material Incidents — Recommendations for pre-hospital and hospital medical management.
- Radiation Emergencies — Information from the Radiation Emergency Assistance Center includes basic explanations and definitions related to radiation and radiological emergencies. It also offers guidance to those responding at the scene of an emergency (prehospital) and for hospital staff.
- Radiation Emergency Assistance Center/Training Site (REAC/TS)external icon — Provides consultation, advice and education on medical management of radiation incidents.
- FEMA Web siteexternal icon — Locate your state and county emergency management agencies.
- Health and Human Services (HHS) Web siteexternal icon
Page last reviewed: May 31, 2019
Content source: National Center for Environmental Health