Drinking Water FY 2015 Funding
Funding: FYs 2015-2020
CDC funded 19 state and local drinking water programs to address problems with private drinking water systems in their communities. These systems include private (or household) wells, cisterns, water storage tanks, and trucked water.
Under this project, CDC encouraged health departments to strengthen and improve their programs by
- Identifying gaps in their current program using the Environmental Public Health Performance Standards.
- Taking actions to address identified gaps and reduce exposures to contaminants.
State Health Departments
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- West Virginia
Local Health Departments
- Delta County, Colorado
- Gaston County, North Carolina
- La Crosse County, Wisconsin
- Madison County, New York
- Tacoma-Pierce County, Washington