Private Well Resources for Environmental Health Programs
About 1 in 9 American residents get their drinking water from a private well. And about 1 in 5 sampled private wells were found to be contaminated at levels that could affect health.
Explore these CDC private well resources for environmental health professionals.
Strengthen the performance of your drinking water program to address problems with wells and other private drinking water sources in your community.
- Explore Tools and Promotional Materials from Safe WATCH Grantees.
- Read Success Stories From CDC’s Safe Water for Community Health Grantees.
- Learn how some organizations are Improving Safe Drinking Water Programs One Essential Service at a Time.
- Learn how CDC works with health departments to improve well water programs in our Safe WATCH Infographic.
Take CDC’s training for safer well water through stronger public health programs using the 10 Essential Environmental Public Health Services.
Access recommended strategies for drinking water programs and activities to improve programmatic performance using the 10 Essential Environmental Public Health Services.
- Page last reviewed: March 6, 2018
- Page last updated: July 23, 2018
- Content source: