Notice of Funding Opportunity: Closing the Gap with Social Determinants of Health Accelerator Plans
CDC-RFA-DP21-2111 due July 6, 2021
CDC announces the availability of funds to develop multi-sector action plans to address social determinants of health (SDOH). This opportunity is meant to accelerate actions in state, local, tribal, and territorial jurisdictions that lead to improved chronic disease outcomes among persons experiencing health disparities and inequities.
Leadership from public health officials and multi-sector representatives is critical for addressing SDOH in sectors such as housing, transportation, and social services. Planning partners will likely include governments, private businesses, non-profit and community organizations, and healthcare.
Through community health assessment and long-range planning, policy, system, environmental, and programmatic changes can improve SDOH in communities with the poorest health outcomes.
DP21-2111 will fund approximately 20 state, local, tribal, or territorial jurisdictions. At least one territory and one tribe will be funded. To ensure geographic diversity, no more than three state and local applicants per Health and Human Services regionexternal icon will receive awards. Awards will be up to $125,000.
Please see the Notice of Funding Opportunity: Closing the Gap with Social Determinants of Health Accelerator Plans, CDC-RFA-DP21-2111external icon.
- Opening date: May 6, 2021
- Informational call: May 19, 2021 at 3:00 PM Eastern Time
- Last day to submit questions: June 23, 2021 at 5:00 PM Eastern Time.
- Closing date: July 6, 2021 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time.
- CDC Budget Preparation Guidelines pdf icon[PDF-415KB]
- CDC’s National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion priority determinants of health
- Healthy People 2030external icon five domains on social determinants of health
Informational Call Transcript
Download the transcript of the informational call held on May 19, 2021.
Download: SDOH Informational Call Transcript [PDF-169KB]
Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to questions about applying for funding under CDC-RFA-DP21-2111: Closing the Gap With Social Determinants of Health Accelerator Plans.