NEW! CDC-RFA-DP18-1809: High Obesity Program – Applications for Funding DUE July 9, 2018
CDC announces the availability of fiscal year 2018 funds to implement CDC-RFA-DP18-1809: High Obesity Program. This five-year program will fund land grant universities to leverage community extension services to implement evidence-based strategies that increase access to places that provide healthier foods and safe and accessible places for physical activity in counties with an adult obesity rate of over 40%.
Applications are due no later than JULY 9, 2018. For more details and information about applying, see the notice of funding opportunity (NOFO) on www.grants.gov: https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=303770
Funding is for a 5 year project period, pending the continued availability of funding. Approximately 14 projects will be supported by this funding, with average yearly funding level expected to be approximately $800,000.
- Conference Call for Potential Applicants: May 23, 2018; 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time
- Letter of Intent DUE: June 7, 2018
- Applications DUE: July 9, 2018, 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time
- Project Period Starts: 9/29/2018
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Answers to questions about applying for funding under CDC-RFA-DP18-1809: High Obesity Program will be updated frequently throughout the application process. Questions from potential applicants should be sent to HOP2018@cdc.gov.
Conference Call for Potential Applicants
CDC will host a conference call for potential applicants to CDC-RFA-DP18-1809: High Obesity Program (HOP). This call is designed to improve applicant knowledge of the purpose of the funding and to review the details for submitting applications, as well as provide an opportunity to ask questions related to the funding opportunity. Details of the call are:
- Date: May 23, 2018
- Time: 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time
- Conference Line: 1-866-581-9669
- Conference ID: 31358597#
- Log in to webinar at: https://ondieh.adobeconnect.com/ran5h3rqp2lr/
- Page last reviewed: May 9, 2018
- Page last updated: May 9, 2018
- Content source: