Review - Psychosocial Implications
Type your response to each question below. Then click the “see suggested response” to view the suggested response for the question.
1. What are three potential parental responses to the diagnosis of a child with hemophilia?
Potential parental responses include guilt, denial, anger, shock, and disbelief.
2. List two common concerns for parents, adolescents, and adults.
Parents: safety, independence, treatment, and financial issues
Adolescents: treatment issues, independence, risk-taking, school, sports, career planning, and disclosure to friends, dating
Adults: HIV, marriage and relationships, family planning, career, financial and insurance mobility, sexuality, increased disability, and death and dying
3. What are the potential financial implications for an adult with hemophilia?
- Loss of employment due to illness
- Increasing catastrophic medical costs
- Lack of adequate insurance
- Missed work days due to illness, or medical care
4. How can hemophilia have an effect on family planning decisions?
Career status, risk of HIV or Hepatitis B transmission