Information for Partners
To help increase education, awareness, and research about hearing loss, we partner with many organizations, professionals, and other individuals in these efforts.
Documentation and Use of Follow-up Diagnostic and Intervention Services Data through the Maintenance and Enhancement of the Early Hearing Detection and Intervention Information System (EHDI-IS)
These templates will help applicants supply information requested on the FOA listed at http://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=290939. Applicants are not required to use the Work Plan template, but any plan submitted must include all of the elements of the template.
Intended Use: To be used as a resource for states/territories (jurisdictions) to determine commonalities among their data systems and to encourage open communication.
For edits to this resource, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Every year, the Early Hearing Detection and Intervention (EHDI) National Conference brings together a wide variety of attendees including those who:
- Work in state EHDI programs
- Assist in EHDI efforts on the federal level
- Provide screening, diagnostic and early intervention support at the national, state and local levels to young children with hearing loss and their families
- Champion Medical Home activities within each state
- Are parents of children with hearing loss
- Are deaf or hard-of-hearing adults who are helping to expand opportunities for young children with hearing loss
Upcoming Conference – Save the Date!
2017 EHDI Conference
2017 EHDI Conference | February 26-28, 2017
Hyatt Regency Atlanta
More information to come!
May is Better Hearing and Speech Month
Better Hearing and Speech Month is observed every May to raise awareness about hearing loss and other communication disorders. Many organizations plan activities during the month to promote screenings and communication options. Learn more from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association’s Better Hearing and Speech Month webpage.
Get Involved and Spread the Word!
Link Your Website to Ours
For your convenience, we have provided the following graphic and linking description for you to post on your website.
Copy and paste the code on your site.
Listen to These Podcasts and PSAs and Share Them with Others
- Podcast: Early Hearing Detection and Intervention: Can Your Baby Hear?
- Podcast: Detección auditiva e intervención tempranas: ¿puede oír su bebé?
View, print, and order brochures, including:
- Questions You May Want to Ask Your Child’s Audiologist
- Just in Time for Pediatric Primary Care Providers
- Guía para padres sobre la genética y la pérdida auditiva
- A Parent’s Guide to Hearing Loss CD ROM
- And more…
Links to Other Websites
Friends of National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities
The Friends of National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities is a coalition of government and private sector organizations who work together to enhance the mission and activities of the National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities. If you would like to become a partner and receive the newsletter, email updates, and other information, please visit the Friends of NCBDDD website.
- Page last reviewed: January 10, 2017
- Page last updated: January 10, 2017
- Content source: