Family Decision Making
How can I start communicating with my baby right now?
Each child and family is unique. There is no one set of decisions that works for every child and family. Just because one set of decisions is the best for one child and family does not mean it is the best for another child and family.
Making decisions that are right for you can be hard. Professionals and other people and groups can help you look at all of the different choices. But you are the final decision maker, because you know your family and child better than anyone else.
The next section looks at six topics:
- Family Adjustment — “How will our family adjust to having a baby with hearing loss?”
- Gathering information — “How can I learn more?”
- Making decisions — “What are some things to think about when making decisions?”
- Opinions of others — “How can I use other people’s opinions?”
- Your community — “Will the community we live in have everything we need?”
- Support networks — “Where can we go for support?”
- Page last reviewed: April 11, 2018
- Page last updated: November 24, 2014
- Content source: