Student Group Behavior Expectations
The following guidelines for museum visit behavior were created to serve as a guideline
for student groups. Student groups are usually larger than typical museum groups, which
makes good behavior essential to the success of the visit. Students not willing to
cooperate will be asked to wait for his/her group in the security area.
- Be a good ambassador for your school!
- Respect others in your group and other museum visitors.
- Follow all instructions given by CDC Security and Museum staff.
- Make sure your cell phone is powered off or in the “silent” mode.
- Do not text during the tour.
- Use quiet voices in the museum.
- Be an active participant.
- Listen closely to the presenter or museum docent.
- Ask questions!
- Please do not touch objects unless invited to do so.
- Do not lean or stand on exhibit cases, platforms, or other exhibit structures.
Teachers and Chaperones:
- Teachers and chaperones must remain with their groups at all times.
- Please be an active chaperone and a good example by not talking or texting on your cell phone during the tour.
- Enjoy your visit to the David J. Sencer CDC Museum!