David J. Sencer CDC Museum: Mission
The CDC Museum’s mission is to educate visitors about the value of prevention–based public health, while collecting, preserving, and presenting CDC′s rich heritage and vast accomplishments through engaging museum exhibitions and dynamic educational programming.
- Support CDC′s mission to prevent disease, injuries and disability and to encourage healthy lifestyles through all stages of life.
- Inform and educate people about public health, demonstrating its relevance and impact on their lives.
- Educate middle–and high–school students and families about epidemiology and the science of public health; encourage young people to consider careers in the many disciplines that comprise the field of public health.
- Serve as CDC′s “public” face to promote the past, present and future work of the agency.
- Make the case for CDC′s commitment to participate in global solutions to international public health challenges.
- Page last reviewed: February 4, 2013
- Page last updated: February 4, 2013
- Content Source:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Page maintained by: Office of the Associate Director for Communication, Division of News and Electronic Media