Motor Vehicle Occupant Death Rates by State
The state data includes the rate of deaths by age and gender (per 100,000 population) for motor vehicle occupants killed in crashes in 2012. Source: Fatality Analysis Reporting System (FARS).
Download from data.cdc.gov
The motor vehicle occupant death rate state data is also available in data.cdc.gov to download and create customized visualizations to use on your web site. Available from the links below are the datasets, maps, and charts grouped by HHS Region* and as all US states and the District of Columbia.
Interactive Map of Motor Vehicle Occupant Death Rates by State
Note: Map may take a moment to load.
- Region 1 – Boston: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont
- Region 2 – New York: New Jersey, New York, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands
- Region 3 – Philadelphia: Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia
- Region 4 – Atlanta: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee
- Region 5 – Chicago: Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, and Wisconsin
- Region 6 – Dallas: Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas
- Region 7 – Kansas City: Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, and Nebraska
- Region 8 – Denver: Colorado, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, and Wyoming
- Region 9 – San Francisco: Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, American Samoa, Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Guam, Marshall Islands, and Republic of Palau
- Region 10 – Seattle: Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, and Washington