Do you or your loved ones have a plan to stay safe, mobile, and independent as you age? Many people make financial plans for retirement, but don’t consider how to plan for potential mobility changes. The mobility planning toolpdf icon can guide you to take action today to help keep yourself—or your loved ones—safe, mobile, and independent tomorrow.
Work through the three sections of this mobility planning tool and create your own My Mobility Plan as you discover:
- Myself: How to stay independent – Tips to manage your health to maintain mobility.
- MyHome: How to stay safe at home – A home safety checklist to help prevent falls.
- MyNeighborhood: How to stay mobile in your community – A plan to get around in your community.
Why Have a MyMobility Plan?
- Falls and motor vehicle crashes, which are related to mobility, are the leading causes of injury and injury death in older adults.
- There are many negative outcomes for older adults if they stop driving or fall, including reductions in their health, social interaction, and the ability to get around.
- CDC developed this planning tool, using available scientific evidence, to help older adults plan for future mobility changes that might increase their risk for motor vehicle crashes and falls.
- Adult children or caregivers can also use this planning tool to help older parents, relatives, or friends.
Order hard copies of MyMobility Plan here via CDC-INFO on Demand for publications.
You can customize the MyMobility Plan with your organization’s name and address. There is a designated space for you to add contact information only (not logos).