Tribal Road Safety: Publications
- Billie H, Crump CE, Letourneau RJ, West BA. Child safety and booster seat use in five tribal communities, 2010-2014External. Journal of Safety Research 2016.
- Murphy T, Pokhrel P, Worthington A, Billie H, Sewell M, Bill N. Unintentional Injury Mortality Among American Indians and Alaska Natives in the United States, 1990–2009External. American Journal of Public Health 2014; 104: S470–S480.
- Shults RA, Sleet DA, Elder RW, Ryan GW, Sehgal M.Association between state-level drinking and driving countermeasures and self-reported alcohol-impaired drivingExternal. Injury Prevention 2002;8:106—10.
- Elder RW, Shults RA, Sleet DA, et al. Effectiveness of sobriety checkpoints for reducing alcohol-involved crashesCdc-pdfExternal. Traffic Injury Prevention 2002;3:266-74.
- Zaza S, Sleet DA, Thompson RS, et al. Task Force on Community Preventive Services. Reviews of evidence regarding interventions to increase use of child safety seats.External American Journal of Preventive Medicine. 2001;21(4S):31-47.
- West BA, Naumann RB . Tribal motor vehicle injury prevention programs for reducing disparities in motor vehicle-related injuries. MMWR 2014; 63: 28-33.
- Naimi TS, Cobb N, Boyd D, Jarman DW, Espey D, Snesrud P, Chavez P. Alcohol-Attributable Deaths and Years of Potential Life Lost Among American Indians and Alaska Natives – United States, 2001-2005. MMWR 2008;57(34):938-941.
- Wallace LJD, Patel R, Dellinger A. Injury mortality among American Indian and Alaska Native Children and Youth — United States, 1989–1998. MMWR 2003;52(30):697–701.
- Motor-Vehicle Occupant Injury: Strategies for Increasing Use of Child Safety Seats, Increasing Use of Safety Belts, and Reducing Alcohol-Impaired Driving. A Report on Recommendations of the Task Force on Community Preventive Services. MMWR. 2001;50 (no.RR-7) (2)
- Piontkowski SR, Peabody JS, Reede C, Velascosoltero J, Tsatoke Jr. G, Shelhamer T, Hicks KR. Reducing Motor Vehicle-Related Injuries at an Arizona Indian Reservation: Ten Years of Application of Evidence-Based StrategiesExternal. Global Health: Science and Practice 2015. 3(4):619-629
- LeTourneau RJ, CE Crump, Bowling JM, Kuklinski DM, Allen CW. Ride Safe: A Child Passenger Safety Program for American Indian and Alaska Native Children.External Maternal Child Heath 2008. DOI 10.1007/s10995-008-0332-6
- Smith ML, Berger LR. Assessing community child passenger safety efforts in three Northwest TribesExternal. Injury Prevention 2002;8;289-292
- Voas RB, Tippets AS, Fisher DA. Ethnicity and Alcohol related fatalities: 1990 to 1994External. Landover, MD: Pacific Institute for Research and Evaluation; 2000. Report no. DOT HS 809 068
- Baker SP, Chen L, Li G. Nationwide review of graduated driver licensing. Washington (DC): AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety; 2007. http://www.aaafoundation.org/pdf/NationwideReviewOfGDL.pdfCdc-pdfExternal