Correction and Republication: Abortion Surveillance — United States, 2014
Weekly / November 23, 2018 / 67(46);1302
Views: Views equals page views plus PDF downloadsMetric Details
On November 24, 2017, MMWR published “Abortion Surveillance — United States, 2014” (1). On August 6, 2018, the authors informed MMWR about inadvertent errors in the data that resulted in publication of some erroneous numbers for gestational ages and abortion ratios throughout the report. The authors have corrected these errors and confirm that the interpretation or the conclusions of the original report have not changed. Additional text has been added to clarify how CDC adjusts gestational age data. In accordance with December 2017 guidance from the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (2), MMWR is republishing the corrected report. The republished report has supplementary materials that include the original report with these corrections and additional text clearly marked (3).
- Jatlaoui TC, Shah J, Mandel MG, et al. Abortion surveillance—United States, 2014. MMWR Surveill Summ 2017;66(No. SS-24). CrossRef PubMed
- International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE). Corrections, retractions, republications and version control. Vancouver, British Columbia: International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE); 2017. http://www.icmje.org/recommendations/browse/publishing-and-editorial-issues/corrections-and-version-control.html
- Jatlaoui TC, Shah J, Mandel MG, et al. Abortion surveillance—United States, 2014. MMWR Surveill Summ 2018;66(No. SS-25). CrossRef PubMed
Suggested citation for this article: Correction and Republication: Abortion Surveillance — United States, 2014. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2018;67:1302. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm6746a5.
MMWR and Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report are service marks of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Use of trade names and commercial sources is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
References to non-CDC sites on the Internet are provided as a service to MMWR readers and do not constitute or imply endorsement of these organizations or their programs by CDC or the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. CDC is not responsible for the content of pages found at these sites. URL addresses listed in MMWR were current as of the date of publication.
All HTML versions of MMWR articles are generated from final proofs through an automated process. This conversion might result in character translation or format errors in the HTML version. Users are referred to the electronic PDF version (https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr) and/or the original MMWR paper copy for printable versions of official text, figures, and tables.
Questions or messages regarding errors in formatting should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Page last reviewed: November 21, 2018
- Page last updated: November 21, 2018
- Content source: