Use and Benefits
Laboratory Scientists Can Use MicrobeNet To:
- Identify unknown microbes using gene sequence, biochemical characteristics, or protein signature.
- View images of pathogens and how they grow (phenotypic portraits).
- Find antibiotic resistance profiles for pathogens of interest.
- Find information about standardized procedures for growing unusual pathogens.
- Find validated protocols for testing rare pathogens.
- Consult with CDC subject matter experts about your test results.
- Learn more about rare pathogens of interest.
- Save time—Speed up pathogen identification by analyzing your test results against MicrobeNet and get an answer within hours (no need to wait up to a week to get a result from the reference laboratory).
- Save money—Eliminate the need for costly shipping charges when sending samples to CDC for analysis and the need to create your own reference library.
- Do it right—Find validated protocols to run your tests and get the right result.
Page last reviewed: April 21, 2016