People Seeking Help
The free and confidential resources below can help you or a loved one connect with a skilled, trained mental health professional.
If you are in crisis, get immediate help:
- Call 911
- 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline (formerly known as the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline): 988 for English or Spanish, or Lifeline Chat. TTY users can use their preferred relay service or dial 711 then 988.
- Crisis Text Line: Text SIGNS to 741741 for 24/7, anonymous, free crisis counseling
- Disaster Distress Helpline: CALL or TEXT 1-800-985-5990 (press 2 for Spanish)
- Veteran’s Crisis Line: 988, then select 1, or Crisis Chat or text: 838255
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Mental Health Resources
- Help for Military Service Members and Their Families
- FindTreatment.govFind a provider treating substance use disorders, addiction, and mental illness.
- American Psychiatric Association FoundationFind a Psychiatrist
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent PsychiatryChild and Adolescent Psychiatrist Finder
- American Psychological AssociationFind a Psychologist
Page last reviewed: March 7, 2022