Frequently Asked Questions


I have a media request outside business hours. What should I do?

For urgent media requests outside of our normal business hours (9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday – Friday, excluding federal holidays), call 770-488-7100 for instructions. An on-call press officer will be able to assist you. For non-urgent requests, e-mail, and we will respond on the next business day.

Why is it necessary to go through a press officer when I want to talk with a CDC expert?

Press officers are here to make sure your questions get answered by the best spokesperson for your story, within your deadline. CDC experts are working scientists and may not be available for interviews at all times. A press officer can help you find the best expert or spokesperson to answer your questions.

Where can I get images for my story or publication?

The Newsroom Image Library contains commonly asked-for photos and images. CDC’s Public Health Image Library (PHIL) contains many more high-resolution pictures, graphs, and illustrations. Most of these images are in the public domain.

Back to Top

Digital Rights

Are CDC materials on the web copyrighted?

CDC materials available on the web site are in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions) unless otherwise noted. The CDC logo is NOT in the public domain and may not be used without a trademark licensing agreement.

Can I use the CDC logo in my publication?

The CDC logo is NOT in the public domain. It is a registered trademark and may not be used by non-CDC parties without written permission or a trademark license agreement. If you are a partner and would like to enter into a trademark license agreement with CDC, please contact the Office of Technology and Innovation via e-mail at

How can I obtain B-roll to use for my production?

CDC b-roll is in the public domain. Permission is not required for use of public domain items. However, we do ask that you cite CDC as the source.

I would like CDC to link to my website. What is your policy on linking to other websites?

CDC does not engage in reciprocal linking, and typically only links to other government websites and websites created by CDC’s partners. CDC cannot endorse nor guarantee in any way the external organizations, services, advice, or products included in non–governmental or non–partner website links. However, the CDC website is a public domain website, which means you may link to us at no cost and without special permission. For more information on CDC’s linking policy, click here.

Back to Top

Contact Information

I am not a reporter, but I would like to speak with someone about a disease or health issue. What number should I call?

Call CDC’s national contact center, 1-800-CDC-INFO (1-800-232-4636). Or, visit the Contact CDC page for additional information.

How do I get contact information for a specific person at CDC?

Call Directory Services at (404) 639-3311.

Back to Top


Are CDC facilities open to the public?

CDC’s David J. Sencer Museum is open to the public.

How can my organization get someone from CDC to speak at our event?

Make a request through the CDC Speakers Bureau  by visiting the website to complete the Speaker Request Form.

Back to Top


My organization would like to create a partnership with CDC. Whom should I contact?

For information on CDC Partnerships, visit

How do I sell advertising space or donate public service announcement space to CDC?

CDC does not regularly purchase advertising space. However, if you have space to donate for a public service announcement, please contact media relations at (404) 639-3286.

My company’s communication products and services may benefit CDC. Whom should I contact about a potential business relationship?

CDC general funding opportunities are listed You can register with Federal Business Opportunities at to find out about federal contract work from all agencies.

In addition, CDC general funding opportunities are listed on the CDC Procurement and Grants Office webpage, This would be a way to learn about CDC program requests for contracts. Lastly, you can register with Federal Business Opportunities at to find out about federal contract work from all agencies.

Back to Top


How can my organization apply for a grant or funding from CDC?

Information on CDC funding opportunities is available at

Where can I find CDC job listings and information on careers?

For federal job listings and information go to General information about CDC employment is available on our website at

Back to Top