This page is a historical archive and is no longer maintained.
For current information, please visit http://www.cdc.gov/media/
For Immediate Release: September 4, 2008
Contact: Division of News & Electronic Media, Office of Communication
CDC Launches New Online Newsroom
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has launched a new Online Newsroom that offers a one-stop shop for journalists seeking public health information. Reporters will be able to find helpful resources and links to assist them in obtaining current and timely health information. The new site replaces the agency’s media relations website.
New site features include:
- Quick links to popular information like hot topics, data and statistics, and state and local health departments
- Sign-up option to receive embargoed press releases and updates from other CDC publications
- Formatted articles
- Timely story ideas
- Biographies of executives and experts
- Audio and video resource links
- Newsroom image library with frequently requested high resolution photos
- Press officer contact information
- CDC media kit and fact sheet
- Improved site map
- A list of public service announcements and health campaigns
- Calendar Resources
The new website is live at www.cdc.gov/media.
If you would like to ask a question during the call, press *1 on your touchtone phone. Press *2 to withdraw your question. You may queue up at any time. You will hear a tone to indicate your question is pending.
Listen-Only Audio Webcast
This media availability will also available via listen-only audio web cast at www.cdc.gov/media.
A transcript of this media availability will be available following the briefing at the CDC web site at www.cdc.gov/media.
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
Get email updates
To receive email updates about this site, enter your email address:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Rd
Atlanta, GA 30333
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC-INFO