Is it possible for someone to become addicted to marijuana?
Yes, about 1 in 10 marijuana users will become addicted. For people who begin using younger than 18, that number rises to 1 in 6.1-3 For more information visit CDC’s section on addiction or the National Institute on Drug Abuse’s pages on addiction science.External
- What is marijuana?
- How is marijuana used?
- What determines how marijuana effects a person?
- Is marijuana medicine?
- Is it possible for someone to become addicted to marijuana?
- How do I know if I am addicted to marijuana?
- What are the health risks of using marijuana?
- Is it possible to “overdose” or have a “bad reaction” to marijuana?
- What are the effects of mixing marijuana with alcohol, tobacco or prescription drugs?
- How harmful is K2/Spice (synthetic marijuana or synthetic cannabinoids)?
- Does marijuana use lead to other drug use?
- Is it safe for a breastfeeding mom to use marijuana?
- Can secondhand marijuana smoke affect nonsmokers, including children?
- How is eating and drinking foods that contain marijuana (edibles) different from smoking marijuana?
- It’s legal in many states, so doesn’t that mean marijuana is safe?