CDC OneLab Network
Are you involved in providing education and training to clinical laboratory professionals?
If so, CDC OneLab Network is designed for you. Its purpose is to meet your learners’ most urgent COVID-19 education and training needs and collectively support rapid, large-scale responses.
The network includes:
COVID-19 Education &
Relevant, free resources for clinical laboratory professionals in a variety of formats.
A direct channel for laboratory professionals to share training needs with CDC experts.
A peer-to-peer learning community of clinical, public health, and CDC laboratory professionals.
New and Featured Resources
- Laboratory Communications Toolkit: Quick Reference Resource for Creating Meaningful Messages PDF (This toolkit helps public health and clinical laboratory professionals create clear messages that build trust and increase credibility when communicating complex information to various audiences.)
- Diagnostic Sensitivity and Specificity for Clinical Laboratory Testing PDF (This job aid reviews basic information about diagnostic sensitivity and specificity for clinical laboratory testing.)
- Biosafety Laboratory Resources and Tools (Useful resources to establish or strengthen biosafety practices in a clinical or public health laboratory)
- COVID-19 Viral Testing Tool (Interactive web-based tool is designed to help both healthcare providers and individuals understand COVID-19 testing options)
- SARS-CoV-2 Specimens: Packing and Shipping (Quick reference guide for personnel trained to pack and ship suspected or confirmed SARS-CoV-2 specimens)
- Introduction to Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments of 1988 (CLIA) (eLearning course to equip learners with foundational information about CLIA)
- The CLIA and Provider-Performed Microscopy Procedures: An Introduction (eLearning course to prepare physicians, midlevel providers, and dentists to meet requirements for PPM procedures under a CLIA certificate)
- Point of Care (POC) Testing Basics Virtual Training – March 31, 2022 – Download Slides | Transcript and Audio
- Updated Storage and Shipping Guidance for Submission to CDC Infectious Disease Laboratories – January 28, 2022 – Download Slides | Transcript and Audio
- Supply Chain Lessons Learned and Q&A – October 28, 2021- Download Slides | Transcript and Audio
- Life of a Test Method Part 2—Emergency Use Authorizations – September 22, 2021 – Download Slides | Transcript and Audio
- Principles in Plain Language: Communication for Laboratory Professionals – August 26, 2021 – Download Slides | Transcript and Audio
- COVID-19—Leading in Times of Crisis – July 16, 2021 – Download Slides | Transcript and Audio
- Life of a Test Method—Validation, Verification, and Managing Quality – June 30, 2021 – Download Slides | Transcript and Audio
- Findings from the COVID-19 Training Needs Assessment – April 23, 2021 – Download Slides | Transcript and Audio
- Member Round Table – March 19, 2021 – Download Slides | Meeting Summary
- Kickoff Meeting – February 5, 2021 – Download Slides | Transcript and Audio
A collaborative network between clinical, public health, and CDC laboratory training professionals to:
- Identify and respond to urgent COVID-19 training needs
- Share and disseminate free education and training resources to help your learners prepare for challenges related to COVID-19 and other public health emergencies
- Connect with other clinical laboratories and exchange lessons learned and best practices
Representatives with responsibility for education and training within clinical laboratory professional organizations (e.g., ASCLS, AACC), manufacturers, large commercial laboratories, and large hospital systems.
To establish a sustainable learning community to equip the clinical laboratory workforce with necessary tools, resources, and networks.
Yes, some members represent academic programs. OneLab Network is specifically designed to support professionals with a role in providing education and training to the clinical laboratory workforce. While it does not specifically target academic programs, many of the resources developed as part of the broader OneLab Initiative may also benefit academic programs.
Webinars are recorded, transcribed, and posted to this page within two weeks of the event along with the event materials (e.g., slides). Summaries of all other events will be posted, though some event formats (e.g., breakout sessions) may not be recorded.
The CDC Division of Laboratory Systems (DLS) hosts the OneLab Initiative and corresponding network. The DLS mission is to improve public health, patient outcomes, and health equity by advancing clinical and public health
laboratory quality and safety, data and biorepository science, and workforce competency. Learn more about DLS training and workforce development.