CDC OneLab Network
Are you involved in providing education and training to clinical laboratory professionals?
If so, CDC OneLab Network is designed for you. Its purpose is to meet your learners’ most urgent COVID-19 education and training needs and collectively support rapid, large-scale responses.
New and Featured Resources
- OneLab REACH (OneLab Rapid Education and Capacity-building Hub (REACH) is a targeted and customized learning management platform for clinical laboratory professionals.)
- Laboratory Communications Toolkit: Quick Reference Resource for Creating Meaningful Messages PDF (This toolkit helps public health and clinical laboratory professionals create clear messages that build trust and increase credibility when communicating complex information to various audiences.)
- Diagnostic Sensitivity and Specificity for Clinical Laboratory Testing PDF (This job aid reviews basic information about diagnostic sensitivity and specificity for clinical laboratory testing.)
- Biosafety Laboratory Resources and Tools (Useful resources to establish or strengthen biosafety practices in a clinical or public health laboratory)
- COVID-19 Viral Testing Tool (Interactive web-based tool is designed to help both healthcare providers and individuals understand COVID-19 testing options)
- SARS-CoV-2 Specimens: Packing and Shipping (Quick reference guide for personnel trained to pack and ship suspected or confirmed SARS-CoV-2 specimens)
- Introduction to Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments of 1988 (CLIA) (eLearning course to equip learners with foundational information about CLIA)
- The CLIA and Provider-Performed Microscopy Procedures: An Introduction (eLearning course to prepare physicians, midlevel providers, and dentists to meet requirements for PPM procedures under a CLIA certificate)
- The Survey Process: What You Need to Know for Your CLIA Survey – Tuesday, March 28, 12 – 1pm ET | Register Now | P.A.C.E.® Brochure
- Identifying and Recognizing Select Agents or Toxins – Wednesday, April 26, 1 – 2pm ET | Register Now
- Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA) Training Program Requirements: Shipping Hazmat such as Cat A – Monday, February 27 – Download Slides | Transcript and Audio
- Navigating Laboratory Education and Training Needs: An Open Forum – Thursday, January 26, 2023 – Download Slides | Transcript and Audio
- Laboratory Training: Virtual Reality (VR) – Friday, December 16, 2022 – Download Slides | Transcript and Audio
- I’m a Frontline Facility – How Can I Safely Test Clinical Specimens From a Suspected Ebola Patient? – Thursday, November 17, 2022 – Download Slides | Transcript and Audio
- When Receiving Samples from Patients Suspected to be Infected with Ebola: What’s the Plan? – Thursday, November 3, 2022 – Download Slides | Transcript and Audio
- Packing and Shipping Suspected Ebola Specimens – Thursday, October 27, 2022 – Download Slides | Transcript and Audio
- Public Health Laboratories (PHL) 101 – Friday, September 9, 2022 – Download Slides | Transcript and Audio
- Reducing the Risks of Clinical Laboratory Infectious Diseases – August 24, 2022 – Download Slides | Transcript and Audio
- Introducing OneLab REACH: CDC’s New Laboratory Learning Management System – July 28, 2022 – Download Slides | Transcript and Audio
- Point of Care (POC) Testing Basics Virtual Training – March 31, 2022 – Download Slides | Transcript and Audio
- Updated Storage and Shipping Guidance for Submission to CDC Infectious Disease Laboratories – January 28, 2022 – Download Slides | Transcript and Audio
- Supply Chain Lessons Learned and Q&A – October 28, 2021- Download Slides | Transcript and Audio
- Life of a Test Method Part 2—Emergency Use Authorizations – September 22, 2021 – Download Slides | Transcript and Audio
- Principles in Plain Language: Communication for Laboratory Professionals – August 26, 2021 – Download Slides | Transcript and Audio
- COVID-19—Leading in Times of Crisis – July 16, 2021 – Download Slides | Transcript and Audio
- Life of a Test Method—Validation, Verification, and Managing Quality – June 30, 2021 – Download Slides | Transcript and Audio
- Findings from the COVID-19 Training Needs Assessment – April 23, 2021 – Download Slides | Transcript and Audio
- Member Round Table – March 19, 2021 – Download Slides | Meeting Summary
- Kickoff Meeting – February 5, 2021 – Download Slides | Transcript and Audio
Please visit www.cdc.gov/labtraining to access COVID-19 relevant eLearning courses, job aids, virtual reality training, and more. New resources are added on a rolling basis. You can also check the “Resources” section on this web page.
A collaborative network between clinical, public health, and CDC laboratory training professionals to:
- Identify and respond to urgent COVID-19 training needs
- Share and disseminate free education and training resources to help your learners prepare for challenges related to COVID-19 and other public health emergencies
- Connect with other clinical laboratories and exchange lessons learned and best practices
Representatives with responsibility for education and training within clinical laboratory professional organizations (e.g., ASCLS, AACC), manufacturers, large commercial laboratories, and large hospital systems.
To establish a sustainable learning community to equip the clinical laboratory workforce with necessary tools, resources, and networks.
Yes, some members represent academic programs. OneLab Network is specifically designed to support professionals with a role in providing education and training to the clinical laboratory workforce. While it does not specifically target academic programs, many of the resources developed as part of the broader OneLab Initiative may also benefit academic programs.
Webinars are recorded, transcribed, and posted to this page within two weeks of the event along with the event materials (e.g., slides). Summaries of all other events will be posted, though some event formats (e.g., breakout sessions) may not be recorded.
It depends on the size and structure of your organization. In many cases, 1-2 representatives from each organization is appropriate. For further assistance, please contact OneLab@cdc.gov.
The CDC Division of Laboratory Systems (DLS) hosts the OneLab Initiative and corresponding network. The DLS mission is to improve public health, patient outcomes, and health equity by advancing clinical and public health
laboratory quality and safety, data and biorepository science, and workforce competency. Learn more about DLS training and workforce development.