CDC OneLab Network
Are you involved in providing education and training to clinical laboratory professionals?
If so, CDC OneLab Network is designed for you. Its purpose is to meet your learners’ most urgent COVID-19 education and training needs and collectively support rapid, large-scale responses.
Sign up for this free network to immediately access:
COVID-19 Education &
Relevant, free resources for clinical laboratory professionals in a variety of formats.
A direct channel for laboratory professionals to share training needs with CDC experts.
A peer-to-peer learning community of clinical, public health, and CDC laboratory professionals.
What education and training laboratory resources currently exist related to OneLab?
Please visit www.cdc.gov/labtraining to access COVID-19 relevant eLearning courses, job aids, virtual reality training, and more. New resources are added on a rolling basis. You can also check the “Resources” section on this web page.
What is CDC’s OneLab Network?
A collaborative network between clinical, public health, and CDC laboratory training professionals to:
- Identify and respond to urgent COVID-19 training needs
- Share and disseminate free education and training resources to help your learners prepare for challenges related to COVID-19 and other public health emergencies
- Connect with other clinical laboratories and exchange lessons learned and best practices
Who should join?
Representatives with responsibility for education and training within clinical laboratory professional organizations (e.g., ASCLS, AACC), manufacturers, large commercial laboratories, and large hospital systems.
What is the long-term goal?
To establish a sustainable learning community to equip the clinical laboratory workforce with necessary tools, resources, and networks.
Does the OneLab Network include academic programs?
Yes, some members represent academic programs. OneLab Network is specifically designed to support professionals with a role in providing education and training to the clinical laboratory workforce. While it does not specifically target academic programs, many of the resources developed as part of the broader OneLab Initiative may also benefit academic programs
Are meetings recorded? Where can I access them?
Webinars are recorded, transcribed, and posted to this page within two weeks of the event along with the event materials (e.g., slides). Summaries of all other events will be posted, though some event formats (e.g., breakout sessions) may not be recorded.
Can more than one representative from organizations join the network?
It depends on the size and structure of your organization. In many cases, 1-2 representatives from each organization is appropriate. For further assistance, please contact OneLab@cdc.gov.
What CDC program hosts the OneLab Network?
The CDC Division of Laboratory Systems (DLS) hosts the OneLab Initiative and corresponding network. The DLS mission is to improve public health, patient outcomes, and health equity by advancing clinical and public health
laboratory quality and safety, data and biorepository science, and workforce competency. Learn more about DLS training and workforce development.
- COVID-19—Leading in Times of Crisis – July 16, 2021 – Download Slidespdf icon | Transcript and Audio
- Life of a Test Method—Validation, Verification, and Managing Quality – June 30, 2021 – Download Slidespdf icon | Transcript and Audio
- Findings from the COVID-19 Training Needs Assessment – April 23, 2021 – Download Slidespdf icon | Transcript and Audio
- Member Round Table – March 19, 2021 – Download Slidespdf icon | Meeting Summary
- Kickoff Meeting – February 5, 2021 – Download Slidespdf icon | Transcript and Audio
- Laboratory Job Aids (Job aids intended to assist clinical and public health laboratory professionals)
- COVID-19 Relevant Laboratory Training (eLearning/training courses available to learners across the public health and clinical laboratory community)
- Clinical Laboratory COVID-19 Response Calls (Regular calls hosted by DLS with clinical laboratories to discuss the nation’s clinical laboratory response to coronavirus disease)
- CDC’s Laboratory Outreach Communication System (CDC’s gateway to interact with U.S. clinical laboratories)
- COVID Laboratory Training in Virtual Reality (VR) (Apply, assess, and improve skills in a safe and controlled environment)
- CDC Laboratory eLearning Syndication (Add CDC courses for laboratory professionals and students to your own LMS)
- CDC COVID-19 Laboratory Resources (Useful resources to establish or strengthen biosafety practices in a clinical or public health laboratory)
- COVID-19 Viral Testing Tool (Interactive web-based tool is designed to help both healthcare providers and individuals understand COVID-19 testing options)
- [New] COVID-19 Viral Testing Tool (Interactive web-based tool is designed to help both healthcare providers and individuals understand COVID-19 testing options)
- [New] SARS-CoV-2 Specimens: Packing and Shipping (Quick reference guide for personnel trained to pack and ship suspected or confirmed SARS-CoV-2 specimens)
For more information on CDC’s OneLab Network, please email OneLab@cdc.gov.