Laboratory Training FAQs
- What is CDC Train?
- How do I register for a FREE account on CDC TRAIN?
- I'm having trouble with CDC TRAIN. Who do I contact?
- How do I register for course or event? How do I launch it?
- How should I add CDC Laboratory Training to my TRAIN account as a provider? Why?
CDC TRAINExternalExternal is CDC’s external learning management system (LMS) — a learning resource for public health professionals and an affiliate of the Public Health FoundationExternalExternal. CDC TRAIN is available to learners across the public health community including public health practitioners, healthcare professionals, laboratory staff members, epidemiologists, veterinarians, first responders, educators, and students. Participants may consider the following recommendations when registering through CDC TRAIN:
- Register for live and on-demand courses
- Create learning plans
- Apply and receive Continuing Education credits
- Sign up for notifications of new courses
- View archived seminars and live events at CDC
- Go to CDC TRAINExternalExternal
- Click on Create Account
- Check I agree to these TRAIN policies
- Click Next
- On the Group Selectionpage, select CDC Portal and click on Select Groups
- Choose Lab Trainingfrom the drop-down menu
- Click Submit
- Click Next
- Fill out Professional Roles to receive relevant courses
- Complete the registration process
A confirmation email with a link will be sent. Be sure to check junk/spam folders. Open the email and copy/paste the link to activate the account. To add professional licenses, go to My Account-> Licenses. The license number will be included on the certificates of completion.
Please contact CDC TRAIN at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Log in to CDC TrainExternalExternal and type in the keyword, course name, or course ID into search box (upper right side of the screen).
- Click on course Title to view the course details
- Click on the Registration tab and select the type of credits offered.
- Click on Launch to open the course. A pre-test may be required before the course opens.
CDC Laboratory Training releases numerous eLearning, live hands-on, and live webinar events every month. Adding CDC Laboratory Training to a TRAIN account will allow registered users to receive emails about new and upcoming events/courses. To add CDC Laboratory Training to your TRAIN account as a provider, consider the following steps:
- Log in to CDC TRAINExternalExternal
- Click on My Account (upper right corner)
- Click on the Groups tab
- Click on Select Groups
- Select Laboratory Training from the drop-down menu
- Click on Save and Back
Live workshops are open to local, state, national, and international laboratory professionals who meet certain criteria. When registering for a workshop, student credentials will be required, along with a pre-test to determine if the workshop is appropriate. Students who are selected will be notified via email.
The CDC Laboratory Training staff consists of active laboratory professionals with a variety of backgrounds. These specialists, along with the instructor(s) review every application to determine the most qualified candidates to attend live workshops.
Most workshops are normally held at the main CDC campus at 1600 Clifton Road Atlanta, GA 30329-4027. Other live workshops are held throughout the continental United States.
The workshops generally have a lecture and a hands-on laboratory portion that takes place in one of the Biosafety Levels 1,2, or 3 training labs. Students will receive hands-on experience with familiar laboratory equipment such as pipettes, BioSafety Cabinets, PCR machines, and more.
- Computer with a broadband internet connection
- Headphones or speakers
Adobe Connects Links: