HoSt/VDSCP: References and Related Reading
- Steinberger E, Ayala C, Hsi B, Smith KD, Rodriguez-Rigau LJ, Weidman ER, et al. Utilization of commercial laboratory results in management of hyperandrogenism in women. Endocr Pract 1998;(4):1–10.
- Rosner W, Vesper H, Endocrine Society and endorsing organizations. Toward Excellence in Testosterone Testing: A Consensus Statement. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2010;(95):4542–48.
- Clinical Laboratory Standards Institute. Preparation and validation of commutable frozen human serum pools as secondary reference materials for cholesterol measurement procedures (CLSI document C37-A). Wayne, PA: Clinical Laboratory Standards Institute; 1999.
- Clinical Laboratory Standards Institute. Method Comparison and Bias Estimation Using Patient Samples (CLSI document EP9). Wayne, PA: Clinical Laboratory Standards Institute; 2002.
Herold DA, Fitzgerald RL. Immunoassays for testosterone in women: better than a guess? Clin Chem 2003;(49):1250–1251.
Matsumoto AM, Bremner WJ. Serum testosterone assays—accuracy matters, J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2004;(89):520–524.
Sacks SS. Are routine testosterone assays good enough? Clin Biochem Rev 2005;(26):43–45.
Stanczyk FZ, Lee JS, Santen RJ. Standardization of steroid hormone assays: why, how, and when? Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 2007;(16):1713–1719.
Swerdloff RS, Wang C. Free testosterone measurements by analog displacement direct assay: old concerns and new evidence, Clin Chem 2008;(54):458–459.
- Page last reviewed: July 6, 2017
- Page last updated: July 6, 2017
- Content source: