Associate Director for Communication
CDC is actively recruiting for the position of Associate Director for Communication within the Office of the Director, at Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR), in Atlanta, GA. The Associate Director is responsible for assuring consideration of the Director’s views in all assignments and assists the Director in the performance of his/her office; leads and directs the development and implementation of a comprehensive communication program.
As Associate Director for Communication, you will:
- Provide leadership, technical assistance, and consultation in reputational risk communication and reputational management;
- Ensure that health communication activities utilize systematic communication theory and technologies;
- Provide leadership, technical assistance, and consultation in establishing best business communication practices and strategic principles to maximize effectiveness;
- Identify and build needed expertise and state-of-the-art technology, logistical support, and other capacities required for effective external and internal policy, public affairs communication, and media relations;
- Provide leadership expertise and support services in the areas of health literacy, graphic design, video production, digital media, and language translation;
- Build linkages and foster joint projects of mutual interest for capacity building throughout CDC and with partners, communities, national and international organizations;
- Oversee consistent and timely translation of policies to media and other influential external audiences;
- Brief senior management at CDC, HHS, and the legislative and executive branches, as appropriate, on the Agency’s communication policy, programs and activities;
- Serve as the CDC spokesperson in responding to questions from the news media and from special interest groups and the general public about CDC programs and policies.
Candidates must apply by July 10, 2020 at the USAJOBS link below:
We hope you will consider applying! For questions regarding the application process, contact Henry Greene at firstname.lastname@example.org or (770) 488-1140.