Help and Tools for Injury Data
WISQARSTM (Web-based Injury Statistics Query and Reporting System) is the Injury Center’s interactive, online database that provides customized injury-related mortality data and nonfatal injury data. This data is useful for research and for making informed public health decisions.
Additional Data and Statistics Reports
- Injury Data and Resources
Resources from CDC’s National Center for Health Statistics.
- HP2020 Health Indicators Warehouse, including Injuries and Violence
Injury Coding and Data Systems
- Proposed ICD-10-CM External Cause of Injury Framework (Matrix)Proposed Framework for Presenting Injury Data using ICD-10-CM External Cause of Injury Codes
ICD-10-CM External Cause Matrix for Causes other than Poisoning (updated 12/5/2016)
- Recommended Actions to Improve External-Cause-of-Injury Coding (E-Coding) in State Morbidity Data Systems
- E-Code Matrix
- Recent Estimates of the Completeness of E-coding in State-based Hospital Discharge and Emergency Department Data Systems using AHRQ’s Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP) data
- Inventory of Injury Data Systems
- ICARIS-2 Public Use Data Set Documentation MS Word PDF