Help and Tools for Injury Data
WISQARSTM (Web-based Injury Statistics Query and Reporting System) is the Injury Center’s interactive, online database that provides customized injury-related mortality data and nonfatal injury data. This data is useful for research and for making informed public health decisions.
Additional Data and Statistics Reports
Injury Data and Resources
Resources from CDC’s National Center for Health Statistics.
- HP2020 Health Indicators Warehouse, including Injuries and ViolenceExternal
Injury Coding and Data Systems
Proposed ICD-10-CM External Cause of Injury Framework (Matrix)Proposed Framework for Presenting Injury Data using ICD-10-CM External Cause of Injury CodesCdc-pdf[PDF - 753 KB]
ICD-10-CM External Cause Matrix for Causes other than PoisoningCdc-excel (updated 12/5/2016)
- Recommended Actions to Improve External-Cause-of-Injury Coding (E-Coding) in State Morbidity Data Systems
- E-Code Matrix
- Recent Estimates of the Completeness of E-coding in State-based Hospital Discharge and Emergency Department Data Systems using AHRQ’s Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP) dataCdc-pdfExternal
- Inventory of Injury Data Systems
- ICARIS-2 Public Use Data Set Documentation MS WordCdc-word[DOC - 2 MB] PDFCdc-pdf[PDF - 786 KB]