Injury Center Funding Opportunity Announcements (FOAs)
CE04-057 – Injury Control Research Center
Initial Fiscal Year: 2004
FOA Number: CE04-057
FOA Title: Injury Control Research Center
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) announces the availability of fiscal year (FY) 2004 funds for a grant for an Injury Control Research Center (ICRC). This program addresses the “Healthy People 2010″ focus area of Injury and Violence Prevention. A copy of “Healthy People 2010” is available at the following Internet address: http://www.health.gov/healthypeopleexternal icon.
The purposes of this program are:
1. To support an ICRC in a state predominately comprised of economically depressed rural communities where a relatively large portion of the work force is engaged in underground mining, family farming, and other rural occupations.
2. To support injury prevention and control research on priority issues as delineated in: “Healthy People 2010”; “Reducing the Burden of Injury: Advancing Prevention and Treatment”; and the research priorities published in the CDC Injury Research Agenda, located at http://www.cdc.gov/ncipc.
3. To integrate, in the context of a national program, the disciplines of epidemiology, medicine, biomechanics and other engineering, biostatistics, public health, law and criminal justice, and behavioral and social sciences in order to prevent and control injuries more effectively.
4. To define the injury problem; identify risk and protective factors; develop and evaluate prevention and control interventions and strategies; and ensure widespread adoption of effective interventions and strategies.
5. To provide technical assistance to injury prevention and control programs within a geographic region.
Measurable outcomes of the program will be in alignment with one (or more) of the following performance goal(s) for the National Center for Injury Prevention and Control:
Conduct a targeted program of research to reduce injury-related death and disability.
Project Title: WV Injury Control Research & Training Center
Grant Number: 5 R49 CE000345-03
Project Period: 9/30/2004 – 9/29/2008