Injury Center Funding Opportunity Announcements (FOAs)
CE04-048 – Research Grants to Prevent Unintentional Injuries
Initial Fiscal Year: 2004
FOA Number: CE04-048
FOA Title: Research Grants to Prevent Unintentional Injuries
Purpose: The purposes of the program are to:
1. Solicit research applications that address the priorities reflected under the heading, “Research Objectives.”
2. Build the scientific base for the prevention and control of injuries, disabilities and deaths.
3. Encourage professionals from a wide spectrum of disciplines of engineering, epidemiology, medicine, biostatistics, public health, law and criminal justice, behavioral and social sciences to perform research in order to prevent and control injuries more effectively.
4. Encourage investigators to propose research that involves intervention development and testing as well as research on methods; to encourage individuals, organizations, or communities to adopt and maintain effective intervention strategies.
This program addresses the “Healthy People 2010” focus area of Injury and Violence Prevention.
Measurable outcomes of the program will be in alignment with one (or more) of the following performance goal(s) for the National Center for Injury Prevention and Control:
1. Increase the capacity of injury prevention and control programs to address the prevention of injuries and violence.
2. Monitor and detect fatal and non-fatal injuries.
3. Conduct a targeted program of research to reduce injury-related death and disability.
Project Title: A Dynamic Model of Supervision & Injury Among Children
Grant Number: 5 R49 CE000230-03
Project Period: 9/1/2004 – 8/31/2008
Project Title: Evaluating Child Safety Product Dissemination and Education
Grant Number: 1-R49-CE000227-01
Project Period: 8/1/2004 – 7/31/2007
Project Title: Case-Control Study of Head Injury in Relation to Ski Helmet Use
Grant Number: 1 R49 CE000221-01
Project Period: 9/1/2004 – 8/31/2006