Appendix E. Information Resources
Guidelines for Environmental Infection Control in Health-Care Facilities (2003)
The following sources of information may be helpful to the reader. Some of these are available at no charge, while others are available for purchase from the publisher.
- Jensen PA, Schafer MP. Sampling and characterization of bioaerosols. NIOSH Manual of Analytical Methods; revised 6/99. [This link is no longer active: www.cdc.gov/niosh/nmam/pdfs/chapter-j.pdf. Similar information may be found at Sampling and Characterization of Bioaerosols Cdc-pdf[PDF – 103 KB], (accessed August 2016).]
- American Institutes of Architects. Guidelines for Design and Construction of Hospital and Health Care Facilities. Washington DC; American Institute of Architects Press; 2001. AIA, 1735 New York Avenue, NW, Washington DC 20006. 1-800-AIA-3837 or (202) 626-7541
- ASHRAE. Standard 62, and Standard 12-2000. These documents may be purchased from: American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air-Conditioning Engineers, Inc. 1791 Tullie Circle, NE, Atlanta GA 30329 1-800-527-4723 or (404) 636-8400.
- University of Minnesota websites: www.dehs.umn.edu Indoor air quality site: [This link is no longer active: www.dehs.umn.edu/resources.htm#indoor. Similar information may be found at Indoor Air QualityExternal, (accessed August 2016).] Water infiltration and use of the wet test (moisture) meter: [This link is no longer active: www.dehs.umn.edu/remangi.html. Similar information may be found at Managing Water Infiltration into BuildingsExternal, (accessed August 2016).]
- The CDC website for bioterrorism information contains the interim intervention plan for smallpox. The plan discusses infection control issues both for home-based care and hospital-based patient management. CDC Emergency Preparedness and Response – Smallpox [Current version of this document may differ from original.]
- ISO. Sterilization of medical devices – microbiological methods, Part 1. ISO standard 11737-1. Paramus NJ; International Organization for Standardization; 1995.
- Service animal information with respect to the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact the U.S. Department of Justice ADA Information Line at (800) 514-0301 (voice) or (800) 514-0383 (TDD), or visit the ADA website at: [This link is no longer active: www.usdoj.gov/crt/ada/adahom1.htm. Similar information may be found at U.S. Department of Justice – Service AnimalsExternal, (accessed August 2016).]
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. This is the Internet address on their Internet web site that will link to any state for information about medical waste rules and regulations at the state level: [This link is no longer active: www.epa.gov/epaoswer/other/medical/stregs.htm. Similar information may be found at EPA – Medical WasteExternal, (accessed August 2016).]
- APIC Text of Infection Control and Epidemiology. Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology, Inc. Washington DC; 2000. (Two binder volumes, or CD-ROM)
- Abrutyn E, Goldmann DA, Scheckler WE. Saunders Infection Control Reference Service, 2nd Edition. Philadelphia PA; WB Saunders; 2000.
- ECRI publications are available on a variety of healthcare topics. Contact ECRI at (610) 8256000. CRI, 5200 Butler Pike, Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462-1298.