2008 Tuberculosis Technical Instructions for Civil Surgeons
The May 2008 TB Technical Instructions replace the TB section in the 1991 Technical Instructions, and are to be used by Civil Surgeons effective May 1, 2008. Significant changes in the May 2008 TB Technical Instructions are summarized on pages 1 and 2 of the Technical Instructions document.
- 2008 Tuberculosis Component of Technical Instructions for the Medical Examination of Aliens in the United States (effective May 1, 2008) [PDF – 41 pages]
- Memo to Civil Surgeons Regarding the New TB Technical Instructions [PDF – 3 pages]
- FAQs for the TB Component of the Technical Instructions for the Medical Examination of Aliens in the United States (effective May 1, 2008) [PDF – 7 pages]
- Guidance for Option of Using Interferon Gamma Release Assay in Place of Tuberculin Skin Test for Civil Surgeons.
- All U.S. Panel Physician Sites Required to Use Digital Radiography for Chest Radiographs of Applicants for U.S. Immigration by October 1, 2014.
* The I-693 form, also effective May 1, 2008, is available on the U. S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) website; the I-693 form is not distributed by CDC.
- Page last reviewed: March 29, 2012
- Page last updated: November 1, 2017
- Content source: