Materials to Give Parents
CDC now recommends 11 to 12 year olds get two doses of HPV vaccine—rather than the previously recommended three doses—to protect against cancers caused by HPV. The second dose should be given 6-12 months after the first dose. For more information on the updated recommendations, read the MMWR: https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/65/wr/mm6549a5.htm.
Providing educational resources to parents will help them understand the importance of vaccinating their children and answer many of their questions about vaccination. Here are some simple suggestions on how you can use the resources below.
Take Action By:
- Sending a letter home to parents when their child turns 10 to inform them of the vaccines that their child will need at their next visit.
- Sharing one of the following factsheets about HPV vaccine for parents who want more information.
- Understanding that parents may have questions about vaccine and only need to be reassured that it is safe, effective, and long lasting.
- Page last reviewed: March 10, 2017
- Page last updated: March 10, 2017
- Content source: