Clinician Factsheets and Guidance
What can you do to ensure your patients get fully vaccinated?
Use every opportunity to effectively recommend and administer all of the adolescent vaccines to parents of your preteen and teen patients. Parents trust your opinion more than anyone else’s when it comes to immunizations. Use the resources to help you make effective recommendation and answer questions to help parents overcome HPV vaccine hesitancy.
Take Action By:
- Avoiding missed opportunities to administer HPV vaccine—effectively recommend the HPV vaccine the same way and on the same day that you recommend other adolescent vaccines.
- Educating parents about the diseases that can be prevented by adolescent vaccines and talking about HPV vaccination in terms of cancer prevention.
- Learning how to communicate successfully about HPV vaccination and how to answer a variety of questions from parents about HPV vaccine.
- Page last reviewed: March 10, 2017
- Page last updated: June 19, 2018
- Content source: