Injuries at home and at play are not accidents. They can be prevented.
CDC focuses on the science behind making people safe – working to prevent leading causes of injuries. We work to ensure that all people have safe and healthy homes and places to play.
10 Ways to Reduce Injury
- Wear the proper helmet for your activity
- Wear a life jacket
- Have your eyes checked
- Remove tripping hazards around your house
- Learn how to swim
- Store medicine out of reach of children
- Take medication only as directed
- Place children in the proper booster or car seat
- Wear your seatbelt
- Walk on a sidewalk, when possible