Older Adult Falls
Falls are a threat to the health of older adults and can reduce their ability to remain independent.
However, falls aren’t something that just happens when you age, there are proven ways to reduce falls.
- Implementation of the Stopping Elderly Accidents, Deaths, and Injuries Initiative (STEADI) in Primary Care: An Outcome Evaluationexternal icon
- The Potential to Reduce Falls and Avert Costs by Clinically Managing Fall Riskexternal icon
- Reducing Fall Risk in Older Adultsexternal icon
- Estimating the Economic Burden Related to Older Adult Falls by State.external icon
- Medical Costs of Fatal and Nonfatal Falls in Older Adultsexternal icon
Stand STEADI: Fall Prevention in a Geriatric Emergency Department
Geriatric Emergency Departments have undergone a new standard for improved care, thanks to recently-created guidelines and criteria. Learn how St. Joseph’s Health prevents falls among older adults.
- STEADI Coordinated Care Planpdf icon
- STEADI Evaluation Guide pdf icon
- MyMobility Plan
- Are Your Medicines Increasing Your Risk of a Fall or a Car Crash?
- Older Adult Falls: CDC Feature Article
- Staying Safe with Falls Prevention Awareness Dayexternal icon
- Taking Steps to Prevent Falls Podcasts: Listen (0:59) (3:52)
- Keeping Seniors Safe Podcasts: Listen (0:59) (3:50)
- Concussion and Traumatic Brain Injury
- Violence Prevention: Elder Abuse
- Motor Vehicle Safety: Older Adult Drivers