The Division of HIV /AIDS Prevention (DHAP) trainings on HIV prevention strategies, effective behavioral interventions, and other topics are available for HIV prevention providers and administrators. The Capacity Prevention Branch (CBB) within DHAP, provides a comprehensive array of training events, nationally and year round, conducted by CDC staff and/or Capacity Building Assistance (CBA) providers.
Training events cover many topics, including,
- Monitoring and Evaluation,
- Rapid Testing,
- Recruitment Strategies,
- Social Networking,
- Fundamental of HIV Prevention
- Public Health Strategies
To obtain more information about training events in your area and register, visit:
- The Diffusion of Effective Behavioral Interventions (DEBI)external icon project was designed to bring science-based, community-and group-level HIV prevention interventions to community-based service providers and state and local health departments.
- The National Network of STD/HIV Prevention Training Centersexternal icon is a CDC-funded group of regional centers created in partnership with local health departments and universities to increase the knowledge and skills of health care professionals in the area of sexual and reproductive health.
- The Behavioral Social Science Volunteer Program has been established to increase the involvement of behavioral and social scientists in local HIV prevention activities.
- The Public Health Training Network (PHTN) is a distance-learning system that uses a variety of instructional media to train public health professionals.
- The CDC on-line “Rapid HIV Testing Training Course” will offer an opportunity for HIV Prevention Providers working in non-clinical settings to gain knowledge and skills on administering rapid HIV testing. Rapid HIV Testing will allow providers greater reach into places where HIV testing has not been available.