The CDC National Prevention Information Network (NPIN) a is the U.S. reference and referral service for information on HIV/AIDS, viral hepatitis, sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), and tuberculosis (TB). NPIN is a next-generation clearinghouse that collects and disseminates data and materials to support the work of prevention organizations and workers in international, national, state, and local settings.
Our services are designed to facilitate program collaboration in sharing information, resources, published materials, research, and trends among the four diseases; HIV, Tuberculosis, Sexually Transmitted Diseases and Viral Hepatitis.
HIV/AIDS Education and Outreach
Preventing the spread of HIV requires a comprehensive strategy that includes effective, sustained health education and health promotion programs. The goal of these programs is to reduce the risk of individuals becoming infected with HIV or, if already infected, infecting others.
- CDC Prevention Programs
- Education and Outreach Materials
- Featured Education and Outreach Links
- HRSA’s Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Materials
- HRSA’s Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program AIDS Education and Training Centers Program
TB Education and Training
Education and training about TB are essential for sustainable control programs. Training should be directed not only to healthcare providers but also to decision makers, especially those who influence health education curricula, and to the public. All these groups should be kept aware of TB, the goal of elimination, and the means to achieve the goal.
- Featured TB Education and Training Links
- Regional Training and Medical Consultation Centers (RTMCCs)
- Search for TB Education and Training Materials via TB Education and Training Resources or the
- NPIN Materials Database
- Sign-up for TB e-mail announcement and discussion lists:
- Announcement Lists: TB-Related News and Journal Items Weekly Update, Find TB Resources E-Mail List
- Discussion Lists: TB Behavioral and Social Science, Stop TB in the African-American Community, TB-EDucate
National Training Center for Integrating Hepatitis into HIV/STD Prevention Services
NTC provides practice-focused distance learning opportunities to frontline workers in CBOs and clinics on viral hepatitis prevention, diagnosis, management, treatment, and integration. These webinars and other resources are available at www.KnowHepatitis.org.
The NTC site also provides links to other important resources for hepatitis A, B, and C prevention and treatment, including:
STD Education and Outreach
STD prevention requires changing the behaviors that place people at risk for infection. Therefore, prevention and control efforts must include effective, sustained education and outreach programs. The goal of these programs is to reduce the risk of individuals becoming infected with STDs or, if already infected, infecting others.
- Page last reviewed: August 27, 2018
- Page last updated: August 27, 2018
- Content source: Division of HIV/AIDS Prevention, National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention