When used the right way every time, condoms are highly effective in preventing HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). If condoms are paired with other option like PrEP or ART, they provide even more protection.
Resources for Consumers
- The Right Way to Use a Male Condom
- The Right Way to Use a Female Condom
- How To Use A Dental Dam As A Barrier For Oral Sex
- Learn about male and female condoms and their effectiveness in HIV Prevention Basics.
Resources for Public Health Professionals
- Condom Effectiveness Fact Sheet
- STI Treatment Guidelines
- Learn about condom distribution as a structural level intervention.