HIV and African American People: Knowledge of Status
Black/African American People with HIV in the US, 2019
Source: CDC. Estimated HIV incidence and prevalence in the United States, 2015–2019 pdf icon[PDF – 3 MB]. HIV Surveillance Report 2021; 26.
- CDC Diagnoses of HIV infection in the United States and dependent areas, 2019. HIV Surveillance Report 2021;32.
- CDC. Estimated HIV incidence and prevalence in the United States, 2015–2019. pdf icon[PDF – 3 MB] HIV Surveillance Supplemental Report 2021;26(1).
- CDC. Monitoring selected national HIV prevention and care objectives by using HIV surveillance data—United States and 6 dependent areas, 2019. HIV Surveillance Supplemental Report 2021;26(2).
- Randolph SD, Golin C, Welgus H, Lightfoot AF, Harding CJ, Riggins LF. How perceived structural racism and discrimination and medical mistrust in the health system influences participation in HIV health services for Black women living in the United States South: a qualitative, descriptive study. J Assoc Nurses AIDS Care2020;31(5):598-605. PubMed abstractexternal icon.
- Beer L, McCree DH, Jeffries WL 4th, Lemons A, Sionean C. Recent US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention activities to reduce HIV stigmaexternal icon. J Int Assoc Provid AIDS Care2019;18:1-5.
- CDC. Sexually transmitted disease surveillance, 2019. Accessed January 18, 2022.
View Page In:pdf icon HIV and African American People Fact Sheet
Page last reviewed: February 4, 2022