HIV and African American People: HIV Incidence
Estimated HIV Infections Among Black/African American People in the US, 2015–2019
Source: CDC. Estimated HIV incidence and prevalence in the United States 2015–2019. HIV Surveillance Supplemental Report 2021;26(1).
- CDC Diagnoses of HIV infection in the United States and dependent areas, 2019. HIV Surveillance Report 2021;32.
- CDC. Estimated HIV incidence and prevalence in the United States, 2015–2019. [PDF – 3 MB] HIV Surveillance Supplemental Report 2021;26(1).
- CDC. Monitoring selected national HIV prevention and care objectives by using HIV surveillance data—United States and 6 dependent areas, 2019. HIV Surveillance Supplemental Report 2021;26(2).
- Randolph SD, Golin C, Welgus H, Lightfoot AF, Harding CJ, Riggins LF. How perceived structural racism and discrimination and medical mistrust in the health system influences participation in HIV health services for Black women living in the United States South: a qualitative, descriptive study. J Assoc Nurses AIDS Care2020;31(5):598-605. PubMed abstract.
- Beer L, McCree DH, Jeffries WL 4th, Lemons A, Sionean C. Recent US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention activities to reduce HIV stigma. J Int Assoc Provid AIDS Care2019;18:1-5.
- CDC. Sexually transmitted disease surveillance, 2019. Accessed January 18, 2022.