HIV and Youth: Knowledge of Status
Knowledge of status is the estimated percentage of people with HIV who have received an HIV diagnosis.
Youth with HIV in the US, 2018
- CDC. Diagnoses of HIV infection in the United States and dependent areas, 2018 pdf icon[PDF – 7 MB]. HIV Surveillance Report 2020;31.
- CDC. Estimated HIV incidence and prevalence in the United States, 2014-2018 pdf icon[PDF – 3 MB]. HIV Surveillance Supplemental Report 2020;25(1).
- CDC. HIV infection risk, prevention, and testing behaviors among men who have sex with men—National HIV Behavioral Surveillance, 23 U.S. Cities, 2017 pdf icon[PDF – 1 MB]. HIV Surveillance Special Report 2019; 22.
- CDC. HIV infection risk, prevention, and testing behaviors among persons who inject drugs–National HIV Behavioral Surveillance: injection drug use – 23 U.S. Cities, 2018 pdf icon[PDF – 2 MB]. HIV Surveillance Special Report 2020; 24.
- CDC. HIV risk behaviors. Accessed March 18, 2021.
- CDC. Behavioral and clinical characteristics of persons with diagnosed HIV infection—Medical Monitoring Project, United States, 2018 cycle (June 2018–May 2019) pdf icon[PDF – 905 KB]. HIV Surveillance Special Report 2020;25.
- CDC. Selected national HIV prevention and care outcomes pdf icon[PDF – 2 MB][slides].
- CDC. Sexually transmitted disease surveillance, 2018. Accessed March 18, 2021.
- National youth risk behavior survey (YRBS). Accessed March 18, 2021.
- CDC. School health profiles 2018: Characteristics of health programs among secondary schoolspdf icon.
- CDC. Results from the school health policies and practices study, 2016pdf icon.
- Kann L, McManus T, Harris W, et al. Youth risk behavior surveillance—United States, 2017. MMWR 2018;67(8):1-114. PubMed abstractexternal icon.
- Siegler AJ, Mouhanna F, Giler RM, et al. The prevalence of pre-exposure prophylaxis use and the pre-exposure prophylaxis-to-need ratio in the fourth quarter of 2017, United States. Ann Epidemiol 2018; 28(12):841-9. PubMed abstractexternal icon.
View Page In:pdf icon HIV and Youth Fact Sheet
Page last reviewed: September 21, 2021