HIV in the United States by Age
While HIV affects all people in the United States and dependent areas,a some age groups are especially affected. Get the latest data on HIV by age.
a American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, the Republic of Palau, and the US Virgin Islands.
- CDC. Diagnoses of HIV infection in the United States and dependent areas, 2019. HIV Surveillance Report2021;32.
- CDC. Estimated HIV incidence and prevalence in the United States 2015–2019pdf icon. HIV Surveillance Supplemental Report 2021;26(1).
- CDC. Monitoring selected national HIV prevention and care objectives by using HIV surveillance data—United States and 6 dependent areas, 2019. HIV Surveillance Supplemental Report 2021;26(2).
- CDC. HIV infection risk, prevention, and testing behaviors among persons who inject drugs—National HIV Behavioral Surveillance: injection drug use, 23 U.S. Cities, 2018pdf icon. HIV Surveillance Special Report 2020;24.
- CDC. Sexually transmitted disease surveillance, 2019. Accessed February 14, 2022.
- National Institute on Aging. HIV, AIDS, and older peopleexternal icon. Accessed February 14, 2022