Outbreak Investigation Tools and Resources

Drinking Water Outbreak Investigation Tools

For general information about drinking water and public health, visit the Drinking Water website.

Recreational Water Outbreak Investigation Tools

Resources for Pool Chemical-associated Health Events

  • To report chemical spills, call the National Response Center (NRC) at 800-424-8802 or report online at www.nrc.uscg.mil/
  • For medical advice during a chemical emergency, call the Poison Center at 800-222-1222
  • For public health assistance during a chemical emergency, call the CDC Emergency Operations Center at 770-488-7100

For general information about pool chemical-associated health events, visit CDC’s Recommendations for Preventing Pool Chemical-associated Injuries webpage.