Outbreak Investigation Tools and Resources
Drinking Water Outbreak Investigation Tools
- Outbreak investigation toolkit
- Drinking water advisory communication toolbox
- Technical information concerning laboratory diagnostics
- Drinking water health communication and education resources for the general public
- Information on maintaining individual wells
- Guidance for effectively disinfecting water when camping, hiking, or traveling
For general information about drinking water and public health, visit the Drinking Water website.
Recreational Water Outbreak Investigation Tools
Resources for Pool Chemical-associated Health Events
- To report chemical spills, call the National Response Center (NRC) at 800-424-8802 or report online at www.nrc.uscg.mil/
- For medical advice during a chemical emergency, call the Poison Center at 800-222-1222
- For public health assistance during a chemical emergency, call the CDC Emergency Operations Center at 770-488-7100
For general information about pool chemical-associated health events, visit CDC’s Recommendations for Preventing Pool Chemical-associated Injuries webpage.