This website is archived for historical purposes and is no longer being maintained or updated.
Health and Safety Tips:
- Place smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors near bedrooms. Place carbon monoxide detectors near bedrooms.
- Adopt a smoke-free policy in your home, especially if children are present.
- Select and maintain a safe crib for your baby.
- Use mattress and pillow covers to help prevent asthma attacks.
- Vacuum carpets frequently to remove allergens that trigger asthma attacks and allergic reactions.
- Protect your children from lead poisoning by painting before old paint chips and peels in older homes.
- Renovate right with lead-safe work practices.
- Page last reviewed: March 3, 2014 (archived document)
- Content source:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention