Small Steps/Big Difference Infographic
Small steps can make a big difference in improving our nation’s health forecast.
Small Steps/Big Difference (Text)
Americans are living longer, but unhealthy behaviors continue to compromise our health.
- 1 in 4 adults is a current smoker
- More than one in three adults is obese
- Only one in five adults meets recommended levels of physical activity
- Fewer than half of adults with high blood pressure and less than a third of adults with high cholesterol have it under control.
Small Steps can make a big difference.
For example, if each American cut back just 100 Calories a day for 3 years, we could prevent over 57 million potentially fatal cases of heart disease, cancer and diabetes.
Health care workers can:
- Screen for risk factors
- Counsel, treat and monitor patients
- Encourage them to take their medicines and make healthier choices
- Connect patients to community resources