Health Equity Video Series
The Office of Health Equity created a series of short informative videos on the topics of health equity, social determinants of health, racism and health, and intersectionality.
The videos below provide brief introductions to these complex issues and can be used in a variety of settings.
- Health Equity IntroductionThis short promotional video discusses the concept of health equity and introduces a four-part Health Equity video series.
- Health EquityThis video explains health equity and the interconnected factors that contribute to health inequities and health disparities.
- Social Determinants of HealthThis video provides information about how social determinants of health (SDOH), the conditions in which people are born, grow, work, live, and age, influence health outcomes and shape our daily live.
- Racism and HealthThis video sheds light on the growing body of research that shows that centuries of racism in the United States has had a profound and negative impact on communities of color and prevented some people who are members of racial and ethnic minority groups from achieving optimal health.
- IntersectionalityIntersectionality is defined as the interconnected structures and systems that create inequality among people and populations based on social categories of difference (such as race, class, and gender). This video explores the significance of intersectionality and its role in health outcomes.