CDC’s Streptococcus Laboratory serves U.S. health departments with characterizing streptococcal isolates for outbreak support and other public health concerns. The laboratory is also very active internationally.
The laboratory offers extensive information on emm types, including
- emm types and subtypes assignment
- Blast emm and emm databases
- New emm designations
- Global emm type proportions
A protocol also available.
- Investigating clusters of group A streptococcal disease
Calculator to estimate expected number of invasive group A Streptococcus cases in a county or region.
- Active Bacterial Core surveillance (ABCs)
ABCs is an active laboratory- and population-based surveillance system for invasive bacterial pathogens of public health importance.
- Page last reviewed: November 1, 2018
- Page last updated: November 1, 2018
- Content source: